Thursday, January 22, 2015

Writing and Design

The discussion of the connections between writing and design helped me to better understand about written communication. When doing a presentation, it doesn't always have to be about words. Pictures can even better explain a topic since it can be used as visual aid. Also having a balance of visual and also writing. If I want the audience to focus more on the visual then I would have the picture bigger and more noticeable than the writing. Another thing is "attention grabber". If I would to have sentences on a presentation I can lose the audience since I am reading it word for word. The audience would read ahead of me and not be interested anymore since they will know what I will be saying. Instead, put phrases. Audience won't know as much and they will need to listen to the speaker in order for them to make connections or understand what the speaker is presenting. Also when it comes to writing you can't be as creative when doing a presentation, where you can design it, in a way that the audience can get a better feel/ understanding of the topic. Whether it is adding pictures, or changing up the style font as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment